Sunday, April 16, 2006
I am frustrated with some people. People who had the ability to help yet refuses to help.

Today I took bus home from the interchange cos I don't have an umbrella (its raining). I have this habit of sitting right behind the driver when I take bus home on 292 or 39. So I boarded the bus and sat near to the window and this malay lady (I am not trying to be racism) sat beside me. The moment she sat down, she used her butt to hit me. I don't mind it at all. I believed that she did not do it intentionally.

Then the door closed and opened again. An old couple tried to board the bus. The old gentleman was a little too anxious and he fell flat on the staircase.

The reason I am frustrated is because the lady did not get up to help but just stare at the old gentleman and continue to sit comfortably on the seat. She refuses to move to help and I could not get out of my seat at all because she is totally blocking my way.

I watched as the old gentleman continued to lay flat on the stairs for a few seconds before the gentleman on the nearest seat to the door (other than that lady) stood up and quickly helped the poor old gentleman up.

After the old gentleman got on the bus, many were very concerned and asked if he was alright and being blocked by that lady, I could not even see what was going on behind and its until when I was about to alight then I realized that the old gentleman's hand was bleeding.

I am so frustrated with that lady. Getting up from the seat to help will kill? Helping someone especially the elderly is so tough and your hands are worth a million dollars that you couldn't even help the old gentleman?

That's not the only experience I have. I was waiting at Bedok interchange to take a bus home and after a long wait, the bus finally came. Everyone started to board the bus and when it was almost my turn, the bus driver closed the door. At first I have no idea why did the driver close the door because behind me there is still a long queue and only about 10 people boarded the bus.

Then I realized, there is a blind man in front. Then I heard that it is because the driver saw the blind man, he decided to close the door and leave. The uncle at the front of the queue banged on the door and started scolding the driver about not being passionate and closed the doors even before the rest boarded the bus. Guess the blind man felt hurted, he decided not to board the bus although he had been queuing in front of that uncle.

Why people cannot help or be more patient to others? I didn't know that its so difficult. 难道停下脚步,帮助需要帮忙的人会少一块肉吗?(Does stopping to lend some help to those who needs them kills?)
posted by Kelly.Kel at 6:29 AM |

0 Comments: