Thursday, August 18, 2005
Is it more fortunate to be loved or to love? I have this question in my mind today after having a hearty chat with Kes and Guiqi today. What is love? Unconditional sacrifice for your partner? Do you prefer to be love or to love?

I used to think that loving another person is blissful but now, I realized it isn’t true. Being loved is more blissful. Loving one is painful. All 3 of us have a point in common. We were all hurt in relationship. We clink to our past relationship as though they were the preciouses pearl from the ocean.

I said this during our chat: “You can never put down your love for another, even when you no longer think about him or her, the moment you saw him or her, the memories will flow back to your mind. You have chosen to hide this piece of memory deep in the bottom of your heart, locked with heavy chain.”

If you were to ask me where is this memory, my answer is I have no idea. Having been hurt badly and used as a shield to protect himself when he request for a breakup, I felt like a pearl that had turned into a stone and threw to the ground. I felt very terrible after the breakup with tears and nightmares for months.

I am someone who is very emotional. Even a little hamster that I spend 1 month with, I can cry buckets for days just because she ran away. I feared that she had no food to eat, no place to be, eaten by cats, fall into a hole and so many others. Not to mention a 8-9 months relationship with someone I truly loved.
So, what is love? Is being loved or to love more fortunate?
posted by Kelly.Kel at 6:29 AM |

0 Comments: