Wednesday, June 14, 2006
I am almost going to 19. Decided to count my blessing when I am still at sweet 18.

When I was born, my dad was really happy. Cos he got a boy (my bro) and now he got a girl (that's ME!). =) I heard from my mum that my dad really loves me lots. He was the one who taught me to write my name and my ABC. =)

I remember that I lived at Lorong Ah Soon every alternate days before I went to kindergarten. That is where my father's shop was in the past. He owned the shop with my uncle (the one who passed away last year). That was the happiest time for me. My dad will let me sit at the counter and use the calculator to count the total. I bet no one will believe me that my maths is really bad. I always calculate wrongly even with a calculator. Haha.

I remember the fan that makes freaking sound all the time and the smell of the shop. I missed it so much. It is until when I need to start going to school then I came home and stayed at my present house. Well, I was a disaster at home. Haha. My mum and godmother told me that I will take out tins and cans from the cupboard early in the morning and start banging on it without thinking for the others. Haha. I think that is the reason why I love music. =)

School started, I started to feel stressed. Yes, I felt stress when I was at a mere age of 4. Cos my dad had bought many books for me and forced me to memorise the spelling of all the words. That happened when I was in kindergarten. I will memorise everywhere I go, including the toilet. Haha. And my dad will call home to check on me. Although I am hardworking but I still can't help to give myself a break. Haha. So I will get caned when I couldn't spell the words. =P Naughty.

Haha. Time passed and I came to Primary school. The term test came and I did my papers. When the result of the maths paper is out, I am beaming with pride. I scored full marks. Haha. That is my only full marks in primary school. I ran out with my friend to my mum but she was not there yet. I met my friend's mum and told her my result. She told me to lie to my mum and observe her expression. So, I lied when my mum came and my mum is not at all angry but just told me that it is okay. Just try my best. I can't contained my happiness anymore and told my mum my results. Now that I think back, I am such a fortunate little girl with my mum who loves me so much.

Then it was time to learn my 9 time table. I spent 3 years to memorise. So, yes, please believe that my ability in maths did not come by naturally. It comes from hard work.

As I grew older, 10 years old, I learn to use algebra to solve maths problem sums. I will always take the maths questions to my dad and ask him for help. He taught me a lot and I think I got my first slap from him then. It is really painful and in the middle of the night. I remember clearly that it is because I don't know how to use 2 algebra equations and x and y to solve problem sums. I memorised again and in order to go to bed, I had to do the question with different figures using the method that my dad taught me. I am early for algebra equations, that is all I can say. I am 3 years younger.

People used to thought that everything will come naturally but I disagree. Even maths, one of my strongest subject, is due to my hard work and tears at night to master it. Then perhaps people will say: "what about accounts?". Well, accounts also did not come by easily. My first accounts lesson is when I was in secondary 3 and my teacher did not turn up. A relief teacher came instead and told us to try the example in the textbook. I tried and I couldn't balance it at all. Trust me, I wanted to throw that book into the bin. "Why is accounts so tough?" I wanted to get help from anyone. I felt so helpless but no one at home knew accounts. So I knew that I only had myself. I redo the example about 3 times in order to balance it and when I turned to the next page, I felt like throwing my head into the toilet bowl. The solution is on the next page. -.-

Haha. So I have my family to thanks in helping me to master accounts and maths. =)

I have so many to say. It feels good to count my blessings once in a while.

Papa and Mama, I love you all. Thanks for bringing me up and allowing me to grow internally older than I am. I thanks my family and my growing up years that brings about who I am now. I love everything I had now. I am not rich, know nothing about branded stuffs till I went to secondary school and Orchard road when I was in primary 6 all through my friends and not my family. Although I had to learned all these at a later age from my friends and not my family but I don't mind them. This is because, if I knew them when I was young, I will now be a spoilt and pampered child. I don't wish to be one. I just want to be myself, a girl with the love from mum and dad and from my brothers. I love my family.

I am glad to be your child, Papa and Mama. =)
posted by Kelly.Kel at 8:37 AM |

0 Comments: