NTI
Friday, July 15, 2005
Nutritrend International is a multi-level marketing company and I HATE THEM TO CORE!!! They cheated my money and now I am thinking of filing a police case against them and write to the forum of The Straits Times.

My friend told me that he wanted to return me my disc that I have completely forgotten that I lend to them. So I met him at Raffles place as he requested. When I saw him he was without my disc. So he told me to follow him to a building which he claims is his company and told me that he left the disc there. So I followed and on the way there, he was asking me some questions regarding my studies and did not mention anything about the business. As we were about to reach the building, he told me that he wanted to invite me to become his business partner. When I heard that I immediately asked him about some business stuffs that when you set up a business you are required to do. However, he is unable to give me an answer.

I followed him into the office and he told me that that is his company. Unbelievably, how could a 17 year old guy start a business when he is not even of a legal age to do so. He asked me to take a sit and 1 lady walked to us and sat down. She introduced herself and started explaining how the company works and how profitable it is. At first I was attracted by the attractive incentives from joining but after she left and I wanted to leave too but was stopped by my friend, I felt being forced. Being someone who doesn't like to express my frustration in public, I only looked grumpy. Then another lady came forward and introduced herself as Evelyn. She, instead of persuasive when I show no signs of willingness to join the company became forcing. She told me to place a deposit. I asked her if I really could not join can I take back my deposit and she replied yes. I was thinking that no harm putting a deposit first and later if my parents really forbids, I will just get back my money.

After a day of thinking through and seeking my parents' approval, I knew that I couldn't join. This is because of the violent objection from my parents and also that I wanted to put all my time in studying at the moment. So I sms-ed to Evelyn and told her I couldn't join because of the above reasons but she insisted in meeting me. I though I could get back my money when I meet her but no, she began to force me to join by saying words like 'you don't need to listen to your parents', 'your future lies in your hand' and 'you should only listen to me'. What is that? Who are you to ask me to listen to you and not my parents? Yes, my future lies in my hand and my plans for the future is to get a degree and work my way to become a successful accountant and hopefully opened an accounting firm. I thanked Wei Ting to call me at the nick of time when I really could not stand Evelyn anymore and left the place. On my way home, I sms-ed her that I am not going to join cos I really faced a lot of obstacles just thinking of joining.

After a few days, I received no calls nor sms from Evelyn regarding my deposit so I sms-ed her and she did not replied. So I sms-ed her again and this time she replied with: 'Deposit cannot refund'. I was so angry and I replied back: 'I wanted back my deposit because you told me at the point when I asked if I really could not join I could get back my deposit and you replied yes.' She did not replied again so I used my knowledge in law in regards to Contract Law. "According to the contract law, any discussions before a contract can either be a term, representation or puff, depending on the seriousness of it. It is very serious to me, therefore it is a term and you have breached the term in the contract.' She just replied with whether I studied law. I am fuming already and I am definitely going to get this case reported to the police.

Don't ever believe NTI, they are cheaters.
posted by Kelly.Kel at 9:50 PM |

0 Comments: